Only working document 2 is really interesting. In this document Rapporteur Jan Albrecht indicates the difficult points for the negotiations:
– The general problem of ‘patchworks’ of data protection on both sides of the Atlantic,
– The current review of the EU data protection framework, including the integration of data protection law for the private and the public sector,
– The different approach as regards the concept of ‘independent oversight’,
– The principles of proportionality, data minimization, minimal retention periods, and purpose limitation, including ongoing discussions around profiling and data-mining
– The definition of the national security sphere,
– The application of data protection rules, including the right to judicial redress, to every individual, regardless of his or her nationality or place of residence.