The Council on 2-3 December 2010 approved the Council conclusions on information sharing on changes in the national threat level, as set out in annex. The Council requests Member states to
(1) inform each other of any change in their national threat level, as reflected where appropriate by the national alert level, as soon as possible and at the latest in parallel to the official announcement,
(2) to that end, inform the EU Joint Situation Centre (SITCEN) of the change through the relevant channel; the State might also decide to provide additional information through this channel, to be distributed to the other 26 Member States, explaining the reasons for the change,
(3) provide SITCEN with an already existing contact point operating on a 24/7 basis (a) to receive such information and (b) to respond in due time to possible further inquiries.
REQUESTS SITCEN TO
(1) immediately inform the respective contact points in all the other Member States after receiving information about a change in a Member State’s national threat level and in parallel,
(2) pass this information to the President of the European Council, to the President of the Commission, to the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, to the Commissioner for Home Affairs, to the Heads of delegation of the Standing Committee on operational cooperation on internal security (COSI), to the EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator and to Europol.